A traditonal spanish meal are churros with chocolate caliente (hot choclate). They are more a kind of dessert meal, and taste like a mixture between pankakes and doughnuts, and are quite puffy. Definitivly try these if you find yourself in spain 🙂
Being from Norway, I never really thought myself to be a minimalist when it comes to design. Since being here in Marbella, Spain, I have noticed that I actually might very well be one! I find myself constantly thinking that the style here is exciting, but really just “too much” for me. So, I guess that along with many scandinavians, I prefer a clean and simple look over the outfits or interiors that have too much going on at once. I’ve collected some pictures that show that scandinavian feel below, hope you enjoy!
What do you prefer? Is the scandinavian look too cold and simple or just right?
I’m one of those horribly annoying people who loves reading life advice and self-help books. Luckily, and for my friends sake, I don’t talk particularly much about them – because those kind of people annoy me beyond anything I can put in to words haha. The difficult thing with learning from other peoples experiences and advices is that you can often intellectually understand it, but not really feel it in the same way as you would if you came by the knowledge yourself (shout out to the Socratic method!). This is the best argument for getting out there and messing up as much as you can, fall flat on your face and get up again, it’s never all for nothing (of course, there are limits to this…).
Anyhow, I have collected my own and other peoples advice in a list below for you lucky readers! These are probably things I wish I knew only a few years ago when I was 17/ 18 (isn’t that the cruel nature of the world?).
1. The person you will spend most time with in your life is yourself, so make that person someone you like and love. Find out what your core values are, and use these to ground you at times when things spin to fast around you, or during insecure times. NEVER base your worth on your looks EVER. Anything can happen with you physically, life is unpredictable like that.
2. If you depend on other people making you feel worth loving, there rejection will also be your downfall. If you live on other peoples compliments, you also give their words the power to crush you. Don’t let other people have a hold on you like that!
3. A well known saying: “Some people say that motivation doesn’t last. Well neither does showering, thats why we reccomend it once a day.” This is very true, don’t give up on the things you want, if you persist things tend to loosen in tough times. With weight-loss for example, if you don’t loose weight after a while, just persist, or change your work-out/diet – do not just give up and end up putting on the weight again. Get your mind in the right place, and there really is no limit to what you can acheive!
4. Everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something. Try not to judge. In my opinion it’s alright to be slightly predjudice, it’s actually quite natural, but don’t make up your mind once and for all. Be open to that you could of been wrong about someone/something.
5. You learn so much more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you, failure builds character. All great people throughout history have known this.
6. And to follow up on point 5: “Comfort is the enemy of acheivement”. I’ll just let this one speak for itself.
7. People aren’t against you, they are for themselves. When I realized this, it completly changed the way I see the world and people around me.
8. Lastly, this is one of my favorites, one that I read on another list. Climb mountains not so that the world can see you, but so you can see the world. Probably the reason why I’m keeping this blog anonymous!
What do you guys think of this list? Do you have any advice to add?